Saturday, February 9, 2013

Honoring Their Legacy


Welcome to the Frank Greet and Edna Lucile Pyle Greet blog.  I hope you will find it informative and accurate as you explore these pages and entries to learn more about them and their progenitors.  In an effort to minimize as much identity fraud as possible I have chosen to focus my posts and notes primarily on Frank and Edna and their ancestors.

Dictionary.reference.com defines legacy as “a gift of property, especially personal property, as money by will; a bequest; anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or predecessor…” Frank and Edna spent their entire life building a marriage, a family, and a ranch.  As their posterity we have been given gifts of family love, cheerfulness, and a sense of humor.  We have been taught what it means to work hard and manage our resources and to appreciate abundant harvests alongside the lean years.  We learned the practicality of preparing against periods of drought and to be thrifty with our means.  We learned that entertainment and making a “joyful noise” is as important to a balanced life as daily chores and schooling are.  And we learned to pray and be humble before the Lord and give thanks in all things.  This, I believe is the legacy they left to their children. 

How are we honoring them? 

I am, like all of you, doing my best to teach my own children the traits of integrity and industry that brought Frank and Edna into their successful reputations of kindness and reliability.  Let us, through these pages, tell their story which is our story as well.  Let us espouse the same principles they did, that by doing so we may honor their legacy.

Please contact me at my posted email address with every correction that needs to be made.  My desire is to make this accounting of their life together and their lives before they met as accurate as can be.  I welcome input from all who knew and loved Frank and Edna.  Also, many of you might have pictures, letters, writings, or other ephemera of Frank and Edna and their parents or brothers and sisters. If you would like to share them here please, scan or photograph the item(s) and send them via email to me with as full of a description as possible.  I will prepare it for posting and sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment